|The Law Library Staff prepares "Research Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) for the convenience of our users to provide access to a variety of sources addressing particular points of law. These are general legal information sources, and are not to be construed as a substitute for personal legal advice from an attorney. Please seek legal counsel to help you determine the applicability of any of the information in these resources to your specific situation. The Law Library makes no recommendation as to whether you should purchase any services offered by the websites contained in this FAQ.
ADVICE ON USING, FINDING AND PAYING EXPERT WITNESSES:
DIRECTORIES OF EXPERTS FOR LEGAL, MEDICAL AND OTHER ISSUES:
- JurisPro Expert Witness Directory (free search by name or expertise)
- HGExperts.com (free search for forensic, general, medical experts)
- National Directory of Expert Witnesses (Online Search) (free search by keyword, name, company or expert category)
- ExpertClick.com (free search by keyword or topic)
- Experts.com (free search, view CV's and articles)
- ExpertPages.com (free search, filter by state, view profiles)
- ExpertLaw (free search by topic plus private investigator directory)
- Seak’s Expert Witness Directories (free search by keyword, specialty area or state)
- National Expert Witness Referral (free search for experts on intellectual property litigation)
- Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys (TASA) (free basic profiles, must contact referral specialist for details)
- ALMExperts List of Experts & Consultants (free expert search, filter by state, resumes & profiles available)
- A.M. Best's Directory of Recommended Expert Service Providers (free search for experts in over 50 categories)
- Another idea is to search library catalogs or article databases to find the author of a book or article on a particular subject. The author might serve as an expert.
- Finding Experts By Using the Internet 2018 – Resources and Sites
FIND A MEDICAL EXPERT:
FIND A FORENSIC EXPERT:
FIND A BUSINESS EXPERT:
- Cleveland Law Library - Resources from Lexis. The Law Library purchases databases containing expert witness CV's/resumes, transcripts, depositions, verdicts & settlements, and briefs and motions.
1 West Lakeside Avenue, FL4 • Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1078 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (216) 861-5070 • Fax: (216) 861-1606
March 17, 2003 -